This was my first shot at even baking apple crisp, so I wanted to find a recipe rather than come up with one! It was very yummy and reminded me of the school lunch dessert I used to have as a girl (only better)!
- 4 medium tart cooking apples, sliced (4 cups)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cream or Ice cream, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
- 2Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
- 3Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with cream.
I took all of these pictures with my iPhone! Not bad, right?!
*Recipe from BettyCrocker.com