Puffy paint, among other things (like 4 canvases, stencil, pencil, painter's tape, a ruler AND A RULER), was the key to the success of how this experiment turned out.
Did I emphasis the ruler enough? Because it was super important!
So this first two canvases were...interesting to say the least. I thought, for whatever reason, that putting the stencil down and THEN using the puffy paint on top would work. The funny discovery I made after it dried was that:
a) the puffy paint sat mostly on top of the stencil and not on the canvas!
b) most of the paint that did make it onto the canvas ended up acting more like glue and made the stencil stick to the canvas!
After coming to the discovery that this was not the best way to go about the remainder of this project, I decided to stencil the damask silhouette onto the canvas with a pencil! It really worked out 400% better, and if you decide to pursue this project: do NOT try it the first way I did it! (unless of course you want a stress headache!)
I think it turned out rather fabulously! Adam was laughing at me because I am a little bit mathematically challenged, and I was having difficulty calculating where to put nails in the wall to make my grid. In the end, about 15 minutes of grueling measurement later, my damask made it to the wall! I paid about $10 for the canvas, and $3 for the puffy paint!